We have two people who are currently unable to drive and who don’t have a car at the present time either, and who need to get from Westbury in Wiltshire to Peterborough in Cambridgeshire on Friday 8 August for the Before the Dawn dress rehearsal, and then back to Westbury from the Excel Centre in East London on Tuesday 19 August after the Worldcon.
Getting them from Peterborough/Cambridge/Ely to East London for the Worldcon is already covered.
We need these people for the Cosmic Trifle concert and for the musical Before the Dawn. And anyway they should be at Worldcon!
1) Ideally it would be really great if someone could pick them up in Westbury and take them to Peterborough and bring them back from Worldcon in a car big enough for the two passengers, their luggage, a mobility scooter and a keyboard.
2) Or possibly someone could bring them to Peterborough and someone else bring them home after Worldcon, that would also be helpful.
3) Another alternative could be to transport them and their luggage, and we’ll investigate hiring a mobility scooter and borrowing a keyboard. (Smiles sweetly at various people in the filking community who are likely to be bringing keyboards to Worldcon.)
4) A last resort might be to transport their luggage and they take the train.
5) We are open to other constructive suggestions and prepared to explore options.
So if anyone who is already coming from the West of England or going back that way on the dates mentioned above could help out, please get in touch. I would be particularly grateful, as the way I drive, going out to Westbury from Ely, picking them up myself and bringing them back would involve a ten-hour plus round trip, which is time I really don’t have to spare at present.
Thanks for listening, and I hope to hear from anyone who can help.
This entry was originally posted at http://valydiarosada.dreamwidth.org/11236.html